Melveys Wharf - Hawkesbury River
Melveys Wharf is on the western shore of the Hawkesbury just upstream from Bar Island and Fishermans Point in the small bay north of that occupied by the Knox College Camp. Captin Peter Melvey bought forty acres here in 1867 and built a large stone wharf; he lived at the site between 1867 and 1905. He also ran a store and a steamer, the Marramarra. This vessel was wrecked in New Zealand in 1896 when owned by Mokau Coal Company. The bay seems to have been known earlier as Fishermans Bend, although that name appears to have been more commonly applied to the next small bay downstream.
Source: Powell, John P. 1994, Placenames of the Greater Hawkesbury Region, Hawkesbury River Enterprises, Berowra, pp.77-78.