Search the Library Catalogue
Search the new Library catalogue
Reserving an item
If the item you find is unavailable you can reserve it for a fee of $2 that will be charged to your membership. When the item becomes available you will be notified by email or letter.
Reservations can be made in the following ways:
- By clicking the “Place Reservation” title link in the Online Catalogue;
- In person at any of Hornsby Shire’s libraries;
- By contacting one of Hornsby Shire’s libraries.
- You will need your library card number to place a reservation;
- If reserving through the online catalogue you will also need your PIN;
- If you do not know your PIN contact the library during opening hours;
- If you are not a member of the library, you will need to join online before reserving an item;
- Heavily reserved items may be subject to a shortened loan period.
Cancelling a reservation
A reservation can be cancelled without charge before the relevant email or letter has been generated. Once the letter or email has been generated the fee of $2 will automatically be charged to your membership and must be paid before you can borrow.
If the item you find in the catalogue is listed as "available" you can ask for it to be delivered free of charge to any Hornsby Shire library, usually within 24 hours. You will not be notified when it arrives at your nominated branch. This service is not available for items from the paperback or picture book collections, which have call number starting with PB and P.
To ask for a branch transfer visit or contact one of the Shire’s libraries.