Request for Tenders, Request for Quotations, Expressions of Interest and Contracts
Council frequently issues Requests for Tenders (RFTs), Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the supply of goods, materials and/or services.
When does Council call for RFTs, RFQs and EOIs?
Council calls for tenders when the anticipated cost exceeds $135,000 (excluding GST). RFQs and EOIs are called as required.
Who can submit a tender, quotation or EOI?
Hornsby Shire Council invites any interested business to bid for the supply of goods, materials and/or services contained in the advertised tenders, RFQ or EOI.
Where can current tenders be found?
Most tenders, RFQs and EOIs are listed on Council’s e-tendering website.
What does the e-tendering website offer?
The e-tendering website provides Council suppliers, contractors and other interested businesses easy access to a range of tendering, RFQ and EOI opportunities.
This website allows businesses to:
- Register their details and establish profiles to automatically receive relevant tenders, RFQs and EOIs as they become available;
- View tenders online and/or receive them via email notification;
- Download documentation directly from the website;
- Seek further information or clarification on aspects of a tender and receive replies via the website;
- Receive addendums and other information issued on current tenders;
- Respond to tenders via the Electronic Tender Box, rather than having to post or deliver responses to Council’s Office. Responses can still be posted or delivered if preferred.
Tender documentation payments
There is no cost for downloading tender documentation through the e-tendering website. If you require documentation to be provided on CD or as a hard copy, a fee will apply. Payments can be made through Council's Online Payments.
Tender deposit payments
Where a tender deposit is required as part of the tender submission, the amount will be specified in the Conditions of Tendering section of the tender. This payment can be made through Council's Online Payments.
Conduct and requirements of contractors, consultants and volunteers
Contractors, consultants and volunteers are obliged to comply with the requirements of the following Council Policies and Determinations
- Council Policy – Code of Conduct - 105kb
- Alcohol and Other Drugs - Contractor and Volunteer responsibilities - 195kb
- Council Determination for General Work Health Safety Risk Management - 487kb
- Council Determination for Tenders - 33kb
- Council Determination for Sustainable Procurement - 28kb
- Work Health & Safety Determination - 222kb
- Child Protection Guideline - Contractor Version - 190kb
Government Contracts Register
Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 No 52 (GIPA) Council must provide a Government Contracts Register.xls - 42kb.