Request for Tenders, Request for Quotations, Expressions of Interest and Contracts
Council frequently issues Requests for Tenders (RFTs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for the supply of goods, materials and/or services.
When does Council call for RFTs, RFQs and EOIs?
Council calls for tenders when the anticipated cost of the requirements exceeds $135,000 (excluding GST) in order to provide value for money over the life of the required goods, materials and/or services. RFQs and EOIs are called as required.
Who can submit a Tender, Quotation or EOI?
Hornsby Shire Council invites any interested business to bid for the supply of goods, materials and/or services contained in the Tenders, RFQ or EOI advertised.
Current Tenders, RFQs and EOIs
Most tenders, RFQs and EOIs are listed on Council’s e-tendering website, www.tenderlink.com/hornsby.
Using the e-tendering website
Council’s e-tendering website provides Council suppliers, contractors and other interested businesses easy access to a range of Tendering, RFQs and EOIs opportunities.
Go to www.tenderlink.com/hornsby.
This website allows businesses to:
- Register their details and establish profiles to automatically receive relevant Tenders, RFQs and EOIs as they become available.
- View tenders online and/or receive them via email notification.
- Download documentation directly from the website.
- Post requests for further information or seek clarification on aspects of a tender directly to the website and receive replies back via the website.
- Receive addendums and other information issued on current tenders.
- Respond to tenders via the Electronic Tender Box, rather than having to post or deliver responses to Council’s Office. (Responses can still be posted or delivered if preferred.)
Tender documentation payments
There is no cost for downloading tender documentation through www.tenderlink.com/hornsby. If you require documentation to be provided on CD or as a hard copy, a fee will apply. Payments can be made through Online Payments.
Tender deposit payments
Where a tender deposit is required as part of the tender submission, the amount will be specified in the Conditions of Tendering section of the tender. This payment can be made through Online Payments.
Conduct and requirements of contractors, consultants and volunteers
Contractors, consultants and volunteers are obliged to comply with the requirements of the following Council Policies and Determinations
- Council Policy – Code of Conduct
- Council Determination for Alcohol and Other Drugs applicable for Contractor/Volunteers
- Council Determination for General Work Health Safety Risk Management
- Council Determination for Tenders (Contact Councils Procurement Team on 9847 4877 for a copy of this document)
- Council Determination for Sustainable Procurement (Contact Councils Procurement Team on 9847 4877 for a copy of this document)
Companies responding to construction type tenders should also note Code of Practice and Code of Tendering for the Construction Industry (Practice Note No8) - 215kb which outlines the range of measures, known as the Code of Tendering and the Code of Practice for the Construction Industry. These were developed by the NSW Government to optimise relationships between government bodies and the construction industry to overcome potential illegal activities and guard against questionable practices. The Codes apply to all government building, construction, maintenance and material supply contracts, consultant commissions and government funded projects and sites within the construction industry in New South Wales. These codes are part of Council’s Conditions of Tendering for these types of works.
Government Contracts Register
Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 No 52 (GIPA) Council must provide a Government Contracts Register.xls - 42kb.